Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Black and Blue



OK, I thought having a girl meant frilly dresses, dolls and tea parties! I was wrong, way wrong. I think Isabelle is a close second to Justin and Jake in the number of black eyes she has had in the short two years she has been alive. This makes at least 4 black eyes. (No, we did not beat her, she ran into the bookshelf) She is quite the handful. I guess the dress part of my idea has been realized. Izzy refuses to wear pants. She wants dresses 24/7. It is quite the ordeal to get jammies on at night. We can only coax her to wear jammies b/ we let her pick a dress for the next day. Boy have we had some "outfits" and yes we go out in public because I take pictures and will show her when she's sixteen. Micah is getting cuter and cuter every day. He has a look of terror when he hears the shrill shriek of his sister's approach but has survived every attack so far. I am looking forward for him to meet and play with cousins when he gets a little older. I had my first rehearsal today for our recital. It was fun, crazy and interesting. I forgot how much work goes into a show. I was spoiled all the years I just showed up to dance. I never had to worry about all the stuff that goes into getting a theatre ready for the show.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I am truly sorry that your girl experience isn't all tea parties, mine mostly is, with the occasional song and dance performance. It gets way better as they get older and stop running into stuff. I'm not sure that Joshua ever will though. We were at Sizzler about a month ago and Joshua looked behind him as he was running towards our table and ran into another table with his neck. It was awful, but he was ok and then the laughing started.
Good luck with your recital! That sounds like a lot of fun.

Noah and Amanda said...

Koren yoy're doing so well! Bellie and Micah are so cute!