Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Micah's First Plane Ride

Well after Garret accepted his new job it was now my responsibility to decide if I dare take a trip to Michigan without him....I decided to try. July 7th I will be boarding a plane with a 2-year-old and a 7 month old. (I think I am crazy) I know people do it all the time but I just have anxiety about being stuck in a two by two foot area with my kids and strangers with no escape for hours. Hopefully people will be understanding. The other day at Seven Peaks I had to take Izzy to the bathroom so Micah was in the stroller. He started wailing but I was busy getting Isabelle situated so I couldn't do anything about it. We then proceeded to wash our hands and he was still crying despite my efforts to calm him without being able to pick him up (I was helping Izzy wash her hands). From far in the back of the bathroom someone yelled at me, "Can't you get that kid to stop crying?"... not knowing what else to say I told her the truth I said, "No, can you?" She didn't respond. I'm guessing she didn't have kids or her kids were perfect and never cried. OH WELL

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Good luck on the plane ride!!

I love your answer to the lady in the bathroom. I hope it shushed them.

Shupe Family said...

Koren...you guys will be great, good luck to you, I do sympathize!

Good response to the lady in the bathroom....i love it! You are so cute!

Micah is so freaking cute, oh my gosh. I cannot believe it!

Noah and Amanda said...

Okay so you didn't tell me someone said that to you in the bathroom. What a little B*****. If I was there I would have kicked open her door.

Anyway, the picture of Micah is so cute!! Love it.

The Giffs said...

I would have started bawling! People can be so rude! I hope the trip goes well. When I flew with Sydney last month the people that sat around me were so nice! Hopefully you'll get a neighbor willing to help you out. Good luck and have fun!

Kristen said...

Hey Koren, it's Kristen. I found your blog from Amy's. I just have to say that you're kids are adorable!

cwmomof3 said...

Hi Koren,
Becca emailed me your blog so I thought I'd take a look. The kids are just ADORABLE, I can't believe the are already so big!

As far as the woman in the bathroom - How dare she say that to you!! She obviously doesn't have a clue.

You'll be fine flying. The flight attendants have always been very helpful with me. I would suggest trying to get a window seat and the middle so Isabelle doesn't try to go running down the aisle though!

Cara Wueste

Jules said...

Ok Koren, I'm curious, how did the flights with Micah go? You're very brave with two kids on a plane. Sara (my friend, the little tiny blonde?) is a flight attendant and has some horror stories about evil flight attendants that don't like kids. Sara on the other hand loves them and goes out of her way to make it easier for the parents. So I'm just curious as to what your experience was.

The Giffs said...

So when are we going to hear about how the trip went? I check your blog all the time for an update and I would love to see how your summers been and how much your cute kids have grown up.